Monday, June 17, 2013

Coliseum Cafe @ Jalan TAR, Kuala Lumpur.


Was chatting with a dear friend earlier on some of the old time Kopitiam that's dying off around KL. Then later in the afternoon after fetching my boy from school, suddenly there was this urge of driving down to Coliseum to try their stuffs minus the thoughts of having to be caught in the jam during peak hours. This was my first visit there eventho i was working with UOB ( HQ ), Jalan Raja Laut in the 90's for 7 yrs ........

























An antique coat hanger



Another antique sauce holder from Heinz



Iced Lemon Tea




Mushroom soup with original Hainanese white bread




Grilled chicken chop with mushroom sauce which i find it a bit dry & the sauce was kinda tasteless.



Deep fried breaded fish fillet which was a bit too salty & the mashed potato was dry.



Banana springrolls drizzled with choco sauce & ice-cream which was yummy






Toast & butter ~ reminded me of my childhood on how it was served @ my Dad's Kopitiam.



My youngest boy enjoying his lunch ..... 



Sometimes, it's not the goodness of the food that matters, it's all about nostalgia ^_^


















6 comments:

  1. feelings of nostalgia dining @ Coliseum Cafe...used to had lunch there when i'm was in my teens...my sister shop is just a few blocks away...lovely food pics waisikmui!!! thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Kelvin.Will be sharing more yummies ....SOON !

      Delete
    2. yes..please post more yummies. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Hello Ms Wai,

    I am Kelvin's buddy from Boston, MA. My name is Ken Chin. I have heard alot about your wonderful baking. You did a good job with your blog. Keep it up and GOD bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ken for your support & kind words. Sharing makes life more beautiful !

      Delete